What does it test:
The tCheck reads for the aggregate cannabinoid content and identifies the dominant compound in your sample. The device will not give you a breakdown of all cannabinoids in the material. If your material is THC or CBD dominant - you'll receive a result for either THC or CBD, not both. If you test only raw flower you will get a THCa result (CBV). If the device can't determine a dominant cannabinoid - you will receive a CBV value.
Because most cannabinoid sources are overwhelmingly dominant in one cannabinoid type, with a minimal to an insignificant amount of the others (less than 1%), the other cannabinoids will not be detected due to the strength of the dominant cannabinoid detected by the sensors and the reading will serve as an accurate measure of the dominant cannabinoid.
The test will work for the vast majority of samples. However, there will be some samples that can't be read, such as one-to-one CBD:THC hybrids. There are plans to release an update to support those types of materials in the future, however, we do not have a timeline for when that'll be released.
At this time the bases you can use to test with a tCheck are flower-based infused coconut oil, butter, and alcohol as well as isolate-based butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and alcohol.
*Hemp oil and CBD in butter are not currently supported
Our device CAN test hemp flower, BUT it cannot test homemade or store-bought hemp-infused oils. If you want to test your hemp flower before it turns into oil, our device WILL do that. The device will not test for other cannabinoids like CBN, CBG, terpenes, or pesticides.
How to Connect the Device to Your Phone:
- Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. If it is already, please disconnect Bluetooth. Wait for 1-minute and then re-enable it. When the Bluetooth window pops up do not select the device here. Just click Done.
Note: Make sure to enable location services for the tCheck app by clicking ‘OK’ when prompted. You can find directions on how to do so for iOS devices here and Android devices here.
- Turn on the device. Check to see if the lights are blue and green. If they are not, please see the tCheck user manual.
- Open the app and log in to your account, or sign in as a guest. See Setting Up an Account for more details.
Note: If you do not sign in, your results will not be saved in the log.
- To connect the device, simply press the green “Run Test” button at the bottom of the screen.
- The Select a device screen will display showing the name, and ID of your device.
- Press your device.
- Select the infusion type you want to test.
- If you are disconnected from your device then the Select a device screen will display showing the name and ID of your device.
- Press your device and select Begin Test.
- If your device does not show up, ensure that your device is powered on and the logo is glowing blue-blue-green, then try again.
- If your device still doesn’t show up, you can tap the Find Device button in the upper right corner.
- If you’re still having trouble finding the device, restart the app, and manually cycle your phone’s Bluetooth off and on.
What do the lights mean?
- All GREEN - When you power up the device. The device performs a few self-tests during this process.
- 2 BLUE + 1 GREEN - when the device is ready to connect to the app (press run test to get to the select a device screen) - make sure you have Bluetooth turned on, on your phone as well as location services.
- All BLUE - when the device is connected and you can run a test. You are now at the "Work Flow" screen to select your test type. The device remains all BLUE when you advance through the workflow screens - selecting your temperature, etc... Click the Begin Test button and at the message "ensure tray slot is empty" make sure the tray is out of the device and press OK.
- 2 BLUE + 1 PURPLE - when the device is calibrating for testing. The colors may rotate a few times during this calibration period and should take about 15 seconds.
- All BLUE - when the message "insert tray into slot" appears make sure your material is in the slide and insert it into the device - then press OK.
- 2 BLUE + 1 PURPLE - when the device is testing the infusion. This should take no more than a minute.
- All BLUE - when the result screen is visible.
Please turn your device off. Replace the batteries with 3 new AAA batteries and try again following the sequence I have provided above. If your lights do not follow this sequence, please let me know with a description of what was missed or skipped or was a different order.
Our device CAN test CBD flower, BUT it cannot test homemade or store-bought hemp-infused oils. If you want to test your hemp flower before it turns into oil, our device WILL do that.
For the most accurate results, we recommend making infusions using CBD isolates, THC isolates, THCa isolates, and winterized concentrates. tCheck can directly measure the potency of your oil when infusing with this technique.
An alternate method for accurately estimating the potency of your CBD flower-infused oils is to start with measuring the potency of your original flower using tCheck’s flower measurement capability. Then decarboxylate and infuse the flower into your oil. You can estimate the potency of your infusion with the following equation:
(Weight of the raw non-decarboxylated flower) / (Volume of oil) * (tCheck’s flower measurement %) * 0.877 / 100
= % THC
If you need further troubleshooting guidance or would like to leave a comment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please provide the following:
- A screenshot of your “About” screen (This is found in Settings on your home page)
- What email you are using when logging in
- Whether you are using an Android or iOS device
- A brief description of the issue you are experiencing
Once we have all of that — we can review the information and escalate to the group best equipped to assist you.