The flower-based infusions you can test with the tCheck 2 device are:
- Ghee / Clarified Butter
- Coconut Oil / MCT Oil
- Use food-grade only Coconut Oil or MCT.
- Do not use coconut oil that is for topical use or the tray will become damaged. Check your product label and make sure it does not say "external use only".
- See FAQs for tray use and care
- Alcohol -
- Alcohol must be clear, and a minimum of 120 proof or higher.
- Do not use flavored alcohol (you can blend your infusion after testing) or tests will not be accurate.
- Alcohols that are tinted or colored (i.e., rum, bourbon, brandy) will throw off the reading.)
- We are working on the enhanced release to test Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) infusions.
- If you need to test a flower-based infusion of EVOO there is a 2-step process you can do. Just look for the 2-step process in the FAQs.
- Never mix 2 base materials together to test. Test one at a time - then once you have your results - you can blend them.
- Always make sure to use pure extra virgin olive oil, butter, coconut oil, or alcohol (minimum of 120 proof or higher).
- Mixing 2 supported bases together to test, or mixing something into the base (i.e., lecithin, essential oils, extracts) before testing will nullify results, and may cause tray damage.